What is The Main House?
The Main House is a beautiful retreat center that sits right next door to Creations. It provides: a spacious studio for sewing, quilting and crafting events; lodging rooms for 24 overnight visitors; and a well-equipped lounge for preparing and serving meals. (Visit the Creations website to learn about our Kerrville, Texas quilting and sewing store.)
Retreats, Classes and Special Events at The Main House
Creations regularly offers special events at The Main House. Our multi-day sewing and quilting retreats with nationally known instructors are very popular. The multi-day retreats include overnight lodging and all meals, so you can relax and concentrate on your project. Visit our Upcoming Events page to get details on our upcoming classes, multi-day retreats and special events.
Renting The Main House
The entire house may be rented by adult-based groups like quilting and sewing guilds and other crafting groups. The Main House can be rented for as many nights as you desire, with a minimum of 3 nights.
What if my bee or guild doesn’t need space for 24 people?
We’ve got you covered! We now offer The Main House for 3 sizes of groups: 12, 13-16, or 17-24 people. Look at our Rental Policies page for rental pricing and policies.
Features of The Main House
The Main House has many features that will make your stay quite fun and comfortable. For a photo slideshow tour, visit our Tour the Main House page.
The 3 most prominent features include:
- a large, well-lit studio
- a lounge area for light meals
- 6 guest rooms with a total of 24 twin beds and 9 full bathrooms
The very large studio, which is downstairs, features:
- an “L” shaped sewing/work area for each person
- a Horn deluxe sewing chair for ultra-comfortable seating
- cutting and ironing stations
- overhead lighting suitable for detail work
- optional design boards for sewing and quilting groups
- limited number of sewing machines for rent
- wireless internet
The lounge, which is downstairs, provides:
- oven, microwave, dishwasher
- refrigerator and ice maker
- tableware and glassware
- complimentary light breakfast
- seating for 30
- a flat screen TV
The lodging, which is upstairs, includes:
- both elevator and staircase access
- 24 twin beds in 6 bedrooms
- 9 full bathrooms
- individually climate controlled rooms
- bed and bath linens provided
- a hair dryer in each room
- sitting area with a flat screen TV
Please note: We do not have downstairs lodging; our lodging is all upstairs, accessible by stairs and an elevator. The ground floor is only accessible by stairs in case of a fire, therefore for the safety of wheel chair bound guests we are unable to accommodate them in overnight lodging. We welcome wheelchair bound guests in all of our classes and retreats. However, for retreats, they will need to register as a day-student.